Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Critical of Subtle Sabotages which hinders disability policy and project implementation -ongoing

Quotes" intelligent people ignore" yet "silent people agree" I am sharing my experiences because I recently learned that these foolishness are still happening to persons with disabilities in 2018. It is time for a revolutionary speak out!!!!. Ruler of my world? What a gimmick! Disability friendly or not you judge Thank you To the allies, friends and co-workers who supported me in spite of the bad mouthing Thank you! Protocols, Projects and Policies There are saboteurs who hide behind excuses and boast of years in the field yet upon closer scrutiny turn out to be the biggest deterrent to progress. While in the Education sector I learned that the PS at the time was happy to approve special Ed proposals. However her adviser, before she signed, was the Commission Chair who was a colleague that positioned herself as a respected person within the disability community, so many of the proposals are left on her desk and never returned to the PS. I wonder if she was even conscious that she was the largest saboteur for progress in disability progress. In my opinion it is personal feelings masquerading as breaches in protocols and proposals not approved based on lack of statistical data. Correctable situation used as excuses. Statistics are easily achievable. Protocols breaches happens and could be situational and justifiable. Some of the excuses over the years were: Emails lost excuses in the 21st century unacceptable. An international funding agency rep blistered me in public for not applying for the funding her agency offered. I said to her the proposal is awaiting approval. She said, "send me a copy". I did so carbon copying it to the approval personnel. I was accused of breaching protocols. A screen print of the cc Emailed was my strongest defense. Seed money When funding is offered organsations should be given access to seed money to bring themselves in alignment with funding requirements.Be it audits minutes organisation etc.Given a timeline to carry out the process then submit their proposal. It is done for grants in the medical and scientific fields Service providers despicable treatment of pwds Living in a vicious cycle of monopolistic services. One centre serves the nation and few prosthetic techs qualified. Injuries blamed on users and years before a limb is completed seems to be norm. I have lost trust in the system after going through the same thing for four decades. The so called professionals have literally become the bullies and abusers. Personality clashes Coveted Selection once I was sent a ticket to attend a conference in the US. Unbeknownst to me I made a lifelong enemy over something I had no control over. The realty was that the conference organizers selected eleven people from around the world to sponsor and sent us all tickets. Years later a local person of the community organisation I once worked at took it upon himself to target me negatively whenever the opportunity arose. Training conflicts When organisations try to sabotage your degree, project progress and you resigned from the job and suddenly you are the bad person. The ungrateful person and face attempted isolation. New employers are used as scrutiny agents looking for opportunities to prove negative hearsay Refunds Insurance scheme refund ''slap in the face' treatment, no provision for congenital disabilities and benefits conflicts Airport Security TSA lack of disability info and equity lousy treatment processional i was told a few times I am now a professional so I needed to think as one when delivering support to my peers. What does that mean? Employment Disability, in my experiences, is preconceived as weaknesses from the standpoint of someone of the one with one. So fear and discomfort trumps laws and policies supporting our employment. I had several weird experiences to that nature. A businessman offered me a job his staff refused to interview me. He later met me and asked what went wrong? At that time I wasn't even aware of the background attitude. Year later someone in the clique heard me assisting one of the persons who was so vehemently against me and blurted out" you helping her girl why you so stupid you ain't know she cost you a job?" By then I'd moved on and it didn't matter. Upon reflection the critic at that time was also there and stayed quiet. The disability desk at manpower and recruitment sent me out on some jobs in the public sector. One at the Finance Ministry and the other at the telephone company. I will post on the telephone company first. I saw people coming out and peeping at me then returning to their office. I grew up with the curiosity so as they passed I smiled and nodded. I waited all morning the interviewer passed me and ignored me. At lunch time I went to his door and said i came for an interview" he looked up shuffle some papers and said "come back tomorrow". I went back for five days straight. He came out for lunch on the fifth day and said, "eh you are here? I will see you after lunch" he never came back to work. Well after five days I got the picture.

No comments: